Monday, September 29, 2008

New Reproduction Parts/Services

Note : The blog has an area for parts requests .


Post started by Bill :
There are some new reproductions for the SC/R out there. First off AMARK Reproductions has the 1969 35 amp Motorola Alternator Tag with screws for $12.00 http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=312150&ck=

Next AMXMGS has the correct one nut exhaust system clamps for $15.00 each. You need six 2" clamps in order to do the car right. http://amxmgs.com/zencart/

Both of these reproductions are items that we the hobby have asked for, for years and they are now available no waiting. I have purchased both of these items and both came within a few days of my ordering. Both vendors except credit cards. Now if could only find a set of inner fender shields and the correct staples ;-)

Re Bill ,
Can the staples be bent up from a roll of wire stock ??
I can look , but I bought rubber sheet from a company . it was not a large piece
.So It can be bought in small qty ...

amark does have the side marker lenses , rear taillight lens . I think all the decals
but the glove box tire pressure decal .And that is coming ...
The radio delete plate is perfect , ready to install ...Even has the AMC numbers on the back ...
Mark was going to do the seat side plastic chrome last I heard . And possibly the rear
sail panel dome lenses . I think he needs an nos one ....


The battery's posts are not as original . And that not going to change ...


Re Bob
The staples could be made. From what I have heard they were copper not steel. I also got one of the SC/R radio delete plates from AMARK. I have one question on the repro side marker lenses from AMARK. Do they have the correct D.O.T. markings? Anyone know? Thanks, Bill

NOTE : Bill ,
I looked at an original taillight lense from AMARK . It is totaly identicle .
Also looked at the side marker lenses . They have the same numbers etc .
As I did not have a lense off the car ,but on Amarks there are some tiny numbers and such on the front lip that is covered when the bezel is installed ..

I am being very thorough and any info that is not correct on the blog .
I'll edit it . To make it right ...
Bob

Hi Bill ,
I have pictures of the AMARK parts on the blog . As far as I could tell , these parts are as good as it can possibly be ...more opinions would be great as I'm
basicly just logging this stuff for readers of the blog . And want to be un-biased.

From what I've heard , Mark has guys that have NOS parts he borrows , to be as true to OEM appearing as possible .

One thing I'd like to add is , I'd go for the repro parts over NOS in many cases .
For the fact that some NOS stuff has shelf wear , plus very expensive ...
A lot of the repro parts we're seeing are really that good , that I'd defy anyone to know if its OEM or not ....


Hi Bob,
I don't know if this is where this blog would go but I just wanted to pass this onto the Scrambler enthusiats.

I just got my seats and headrest back from Doc of Doc's Upholstery in Belvidere IL and I can say without aprehension it very well may be the best upholstery job I have ever seen on a vintage muscle car. Doc's attention to detail is bordering on a obsession. The headrest he reupholstered for me probably never looked that good from the factory. The color is a dead on match to the originals I sent. The piping is perfect and perfectly straight and all the correct sizing. the seats are tight and straight. I can't thank Doc enough for being an actual craftsman who takes pride in what they do.

The good news for the Scrambler community is that Doc actually owns a B scheme car with the original upholstery so he knows exactly what it should look like. Better news yet is Doc has the makings right now for I believe 5 more batches of seats and head rests for the Scramblers. I implore anyone who is on contemplating getting their seats reupholstered to contact Doc right away before he runs out of the material 815-547-5408. You will not regret this decision.

Eric

Thanks eric , thats really good to know
Bob

No comments: