Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Documenting an NOS Hood Pin Lanyard Cable

Initiated by a recently very active SC/Rambler Facebook posting, and some off and on past investigations of what could be made as reproduction, I have created a complete engineering drawing of a NOS hood pin cable.  I purchased this cable as part of an incomplete set of an SC/Rambler NOS Hood Pin Kit in Kenosha 1993.  The reference AMC part number is 3635760 - which is the lynch pin (including cable).  I have decided to call this the "-B" part since we will further document the lynch pin as the 3635760-A part number.

I have documented the original part through non-destructive inspection as the Rev. 0 document revision.  This will serve as documentation evidence of how the factory supplied these parts.  I am now in process of documenting a Rev. 1 version of the drawing to serve as a specification for reproduction and I am currently investigating how close manufacturers can come to providing low volume lanyards to this specification.

The drawing is specifically for SC owner personal use, and I am providing my work here for free to provide the owners with the documentation they need to preserve their cars.  I would appreciate your respect for the use for only that specified purpose.  Contact me for any other use.  Below is the drawing and several photos of an NOS lanyard.





No comments: